One of Migashco’s leadership principles underscores the necessity for people to never leaving anyone worse off than we found them, including themselves. In situations requiring assertiveness we have an opportunity to say something, but how do we do that without violating the principle?
This workshop answers that question. It will appeal to anyone who needs to make themselves appropriately heard. It connects participants to the key strategies for assertive behaviour. Emphasis will be placed on the use of words that work so the participant can focus on getting their work done, cultivating healthy relationships, and reducing or eliminating the associated stress from their lives.
Participant will be able to:
- see the advantages of assertive communication
- avoid the pitfalls of aggressive, passive and passive-aggressive behaviours
- overcome personal blocks that prevent assertive communication
- employ techniques to make themselves heard
- focus on a win-win outcome
This workshop uses adult learning techniques to take participants through a unique series of scenarios designed to highlight and practice strategies. They will also be invited to participate in a series of discussions and engage in small group work exercises designed to explore and practice the topics covered.