Participants planning a coaching strategy.
This workshop will appeal to those looking to improve poor performance or build on good performance. It applies to coaches assigned to develop skills, support competencies, facilitate career transitions, or develop a better understanding of an organization's safety and business goals. Emphasis is placed on instilling coaching techniques that ensure respectful work communities. More specifically, the workshop works with the particular coaching needs of the attending participants.
The workshop covers the essentials of coaching, from initial assessments of coaching requirements to the actual two-way coaching dialogue. This includes:
- Making performance expectations clear
- Helping employees solve problems
- Promoting growth and development
- Giving constructive feedback
- Giving positive recognition
- Establishing follow-up plans
- Calling people to account
Participants will be able to:
- Use an effective and proven coaching model to help others excel
- Maintain meaningful and respectful relations with employees
- Set and communicate performance expectations
- Eliminate ambiguity in task assignment
- Cooperatively engage others in problem solving
- Promote goal focused growth and development
- Provide effective feedback and meaningful, positive recognition
- Establish follow-up plans
- Call others to account for their performance
This workshop uses experiential learning techniques. Participants will be invited to take part in a series of discussions and engage in small-group work exercises, role-playing, and hands on activities designed to explore and practice the topics covered.
1 Day - Overview
2 Day - Intensive