The Migashco Air simulation
This course will appeal to new and experienced managers, supervisors and staff looking to work as a team to develop lean, optimized production systems with the goal of providing total satisfaction to their customers. The workshop begins with an intense simulation, advances to value stream mapping, then engages in problem solving exercises designed to identify and source appropriate tools for implementation. Participants will establish priorities and develop workable action plans.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the elements of lean thinking
- Define the customer, and address three essential elements of customer satisfaction
- Understand the continuous improvement cycle
- Understand the value of incremental improvements
- Integrate change management strategies to engage the people involved, including allocating responsibility, conducting field visits, providing feedback and convening flash meetings
- Apply value stream mapping techniques to analyze current states, and to design future states - these include process work mapping and root cause analyses
- Use value streaming results to optimize information, inventory, feeding, material and other resource flows
- Identify and eliminate waste
- Apply core critical thinking techniques to determine root causes
- Establish plans for sourcing tools, setting priorities, scheduling and managing risk
- Pass value improvements on to the customer
This course is competency-based and uses experiential learning techniques consistent with adult learning principles. Participants will be invited to take part in an intense simulation, a series of analysis exercises, discussions, small-group collaborations. They will engage in hands on activities designed to explore, practice and apply the topics covered.
This version engages participants in the simulation only and covers the essential elements of continuous improvement