This workshop will appeal to those who need to write clear and concise policies, guidelines, instructions or specifications across multiple document platforms.
The workshop employs a content model that ensures:
- proper document planning
- consistency of message through the application of clear communication rules
- reusability through easily accessed, assembled and updated content
- straightforward navigation rules and formats, including the use of search tags
- compliance to standards all writers follow
- structure that accommodates reader differences
Participants will be able to:
- easily reuse and update documents
- employ a content model to plan document and distribution formats
- structure a document for easy access, assembly and updating
- incorporate meta tag search principles
- write to support document structure
Participants will engage in a writing simulation called Subtleties to prepare a modular document for two platforms and two end-users. This document will be assessed by their peers and facilitator. They will also be invited to participate in a series of discussions designed to explore and practice the topics covered.