This workshop will appeal to those in a leadership role who need to graphically display the various steps, actions, events and operations in an organization’s processes. It will also serve as the knowledge prerequisite for those looking to study computer-based process mapping using programs like MS Visio, the Mac-based OmniGraffle or the linux-based Dio. The workshop places particular emphasis on diagramming processes around product or service developments. It allows people to see the processes in part or in their entirety at a glance and to identify potential areas for improvement.
Participants will be able to:
- Define two types of process mapping
- Produce a process map that allows people to see an entire process in a logical format
- Demonstrate how processes are linked
- Think through processes for the purposes of problem-solving and decision-making
- Focus team efforts on date, facts and operational steps to identify opportunities for improvement
Participants will prepare a comprehensive process map – either a real map using processes from their workplace or one assigned by the instructor. They will also be invited to participate in a series of discussions designed to explore and practice the topics covered.