The Faulty-less Towers Simulation
This challenging simulation allows our participants to apply key learnings immediately.
This workshop will appeal to those who need to write clear and concise instructions or specifications. The workshop places particular emphasis on an easy-to-follow writing process, without burdening the learner with complex grammatical rules. The course tracks the writing process to:
- ensure all documents address audience needs,
- establish context and purpose,
- meet strict but simple grammatical standards, and,
- communicate clearly to ensure seamless shift transitions, emphasize what needs to be done, and attend to due diligence.
In addition, the course covers the four legal elements required for any technical document.
Participants will be able to:
- Apply the CBC rule to ensure reader understanding
- Use three essential elements of gammar to generate clarity and effect
- Utilize five editing methods to ensure written messages are complete and concise
- Meet four essential, legal conditions
Participants will need to bring a sample of their writing to the course (max. 500 words, or approximately a half page in length - preferably one where instructions or specifications are being communicated)
Participants will also engage in a team writing simulation called Faulty-less Towers to prepare and test their writing abilities. This document will be assessed by their peers and facilitator. They will also be invited to participate in a series of discussions designed to explore and practice the topics covered.